Data Protection and Privacy Statement
Pomp & Co. respect your right to privacy. This policy sets out the basis upon which we store information provided through our site.
Type of information stored
Visitors are advised that each time they visit our site two general levels of information about their visit can be retained. The first level comprises statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate and non-individual specific basis of all browsers who visit the site. The second is information which is personal or particular to a specific visitor who knowingly chooses to provide that information.
The statistical and analytical information provides general and not individually specific information about:
- the number of people who visit this site;
- the number of people who return to this site;
- the pages that they visit;
- where they were before they came to this site;
- and the page in the site at which they exited.
This information helps us monitor traffic on our site so that we can manage the site’s capacity and efficiency. It also helps us to understand which parts of this site are most popular and generally to assess user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site.
Through this website you may have an opportunity to send us information, such as through the “contact us” pages, “Newsletter” link or any other area where you may send e-mails, or provide feedback. By choosing to participate in these, you will be providing us with some level of personal information relating to you. This information will only be used by Pomp & Co. for:
- the purposes for which it was provided by you;
- verification purposes and statistical analysis; and
- marketing and administration purposes.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.